CAS-Carrera participants are immersed in the world of careers, develop basic work-related skills, learn principles behind banking and savings, and participate in business activities that will expose them to entrepreneurship and earning potential.
- Each participant opens and maintains a savings account.
- All young people earn a stipend for weekly Job Club participation.
- Trained Job Club Educators lead a rigorous financial literacy curriculum developed with program partner Junior Achievement of New York that includes lessons on loans, bonds, stocks, interest, and credit.
- Young people gain insight into small business ownership through regular entrepreneurial activities.
- Job Club provides community service opportunities and job-shadowing events.