Job Club provides opportunities for participants to learn about the world of work and careers, develop basic work-related skills, learn principles behind banking and savings, and participate in business activities that will expose them to elements of entrepreneurship and earning potential.
- Trained Job Club Educators lead participants through a rigorous financial literacy curriculum developed by Junior Achievement of New York. Lessons include such topics as loans, bonds, stocks, interest, and credit.
- Participants' knowledge gains are assessed through bi-annual surveys.
- Each young person opens and maintains a savings account; monthly bank trips enhance lessons on banking.
- Each young person earns a stipend for Job Club participation.
- Regular entrepreneurial activities teach young people skills that lead to an understanding of small business ownership.
- Community Service opportunities are provided.
- Participants explore career choices through job-shadowing events.